Thursday, July 21, 2011

Living the Vegan Life - Day 4


Off to a great start! Breakfast was Blueberry Banana Pie Vegan Overnight Oats, this recipe is going to become a staple for me! Mix some oats, almond milk and add-ins together and stick it in the fridge overnight: instant breakfast! I was intrigued by the concept of not cooking the oats and eating them cold but was pleasantly surprised! Everything worked well together, the texture was great and the flavor even better! There are an endless amount of way to change this one up too, can't wait for breakfast tomorrow!




Vegan granola! It has oats, walnuts, almonds, dried cranberries, raising, flaxseeds, and lots of other yummy stuff! Great to snack on (filling and satisfying!), or on top of oatmeal for breakfast, or berries for dessert! I ran a few errands late morning and took some with me to munch on, great as a snack on the go as well!



For a snack I made hummus; I didn't follow a recipe, just threw together what I thought sounded good, and it turned out great! I used two cans of chickpeas, one heaping spoonful of tahini, the juice of a lime (I think lemon would have been better, but I didn't have any of those!), three garlic cloves (made it extra spicy, yumm!), a small handful of parsley to brighten everything up, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, garlic powder and a wee it of evoo. It went great with the vegan crackers I bought, yummy!

Dinner was Veggie Burgers with sweet potato fries, and the burgers weren't bad! I kind of feel like, if you're going to eat a burger, eat a burger, but these vegan patties were pretty good, moist and had tons of flavor, I think my family enjoyed them more than I did! Everyone had seconds but me, that does speak for itself!
Sorry for no photos of either, definitely new to this!

2 comments:

  1. Ooohhhh. That overnight oatmeal looks so good! How much of everything do you put together?? YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's the link to the recipe: http://ohsheglows.com/2011/06/04/blueberry-banana-pie-vegan-overnight-oats/
    I forgot to add the walnuts buuut it was still so yummy!

    ReplyDelete