Wednesday, August 10, 2011

To cheat or not to cheat...with food ;)

Breakfast was another Green Monster. Tomorrow I try it with blueberries!

For lunch I...cheated, eek! My mom and I went to Panera Bread and I ordered the Mediterranean Veggie Sandwich and Asian Sesame Salad. If it weren't for the feta on the sandwich and chicken on the salad I would have been golden. Even though I cheated, I don't feel too bad about it, I still had an overall healthful meal, and I don't intend to cut out all animal products for the rest of my life. On a day-to-day basis sure, but every once in awhile, I'm ok with it. And it was so good. :)

I was on my own for dinner tonight, and didn't feel like cooking an entire meal, so I made two Crack Wraps (what a name!) using two different kinds of tortillas. I ended up making the trek aaaaaallll the way to Whole Foods specifically for spelt tortillas, I used them last time when I made enchiladas and no one knew they weren't normal tortillas until I told them! Of course the Whole Foods I went to this time didn't have them (of course!) but I did find tempeh bacon (to be discussed tomorrow), which I couldn't find anywhere else. I went next door to Trader Joe's (favorite grocery store ever!) to see if they had a better selection, and wouldn't you know it, spelt tortillas! They looked different than the other ones I used, but were just as delicious! So I made one wrap using spelt, and the other a brown rice tortilla. Both were totally edible (I know they don't really sound like it!) and had their own distinct texture and taste, so good! The brown rice wraps are gluten-free as well, I like to get gluten-free products when I can, an easy way for a better-for-you food item. In the wrap was simply hummus and vegan cheese. Wrap it up, grill it, eat it! It was so simple, and surprisingly satisfying, exactly what I was looking for in dinner tonight. I was so skeptical about vegan anything-dairy but times, and technology, have changed, and vegan cheese is comparable to dairy cheese, in my opinion. The selection is limited of course, but the companies producing these products do it well. 
I really need to come up with an appropriate way to end my posts...


No comments:

Post a Comment