Saturday, September 17, 2011

ViSalus

It always seems that the hardest part of writing a blog is clicking the button, and putting your fingers to the keyboard. I always feel like I don't have enough to say, or that no one is interested, yet time and again I am proven wrong. When I finally do open up to a new post and put my fingers on the keys, I always have something to say. I have had so much interest in my blog and so much encouragement to continue writing, it has been an eye-opening blessing. 

Today I want to talk more about my food journey, more specifically my journey towards health and fitness, learning about the foods we put in our bodies and what they do (or don't do) for us. 

An old roommate of mine got in contact with me as a direct result of following my blog (again, I never think this reaches as far as it does, it is so humbling.). She and her husband had recently been introduced to a new health product on the market and thought I might be interested in it. Turns out she was on the mark, I have fallen in love! The product is ViSalus, a health and wellness product. In one shake you receive a full day's worth of all of the nutrients, vitamins and minerals, you need. It is a non-GMO (my favorite part!) soy based protein powder. The added benefit? Weight loss! It is not an appetite suppressant, rather an all-natural metabolism booster. It was not originally intended to be a weight loss tool, that just happened to be a happy by-product. 
I'm still continuing my vegan journey (though not eating it strictly, I am committed to education and one day will happily say I am a full vegan!) and learning about what it is exactly that we are consuming. One of the bigger challenges with eating a plant-based diet is ensuring I receive enough of the nutrients I need that I no longer get from eating animal products (calcium from milk, protein from chicken, i.e.). The ViSalus shake ensures that no matter what I eat during the day, I will have consumed exactly what I need. For me, that is is best reason for joining the ViSalus community and incorporating the shakes into my daily regimen. 
For many others, the best reason is the added health benefits...a lot of people suffer from high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes; all diseases that are (in part) perpetuated with poor eating habits or not receiving the proper nutrition. Thousands of people who have joined the ViSalus challenge have reported huge drops in the amount of medications they have to take, or reversing their diseases completely! 
My dad deals with high blood pressure, and when I learned just how beneficial ViSalus is to your health, I talked to him about it. Now, my dad is as analytical as they come, let me tell you! He isn't easily hoodwinked, and has made learning about foods for health a large part of his life as well. I told him everything I had learned, he checked out the package to see the nutrition information, and researched it himself, and believes in the product! If nothing else, that gave me the final stamp of approval.

You can not buy the product in stores, only through distributors (it is, at the end of the day, a multi-level market product). I have long hesitated becoming a distributor, I loathe the idea of 'selling' myself, or have others think I'm viewing them through the eyes of a marketer, a potential sale for me (let's be honest, doesn't everyone who knows someone who is self-employed with a multi-level marketing company wonder, sometimes, if someone sees them as a friend or just a market?). I've thought long and hard about it, viewed it from every possible angle, and have come to one conclusion: I have to. I believe in this product so completely, I am willing to put my name behind it. In my vegan journey and learning about food, this aligns so completely with my mission, I can't help but be excited about it and want to share it with others. I realized that at the end of the day, I just want people to be aware of ViSalus and know that it is a realistic option for them, whether or not they buy it from me. If you are interested in the product or want to know more, go here www.rksmith.bodybyvi.com, but better yet, ask me about it, I promise to tell you everything I know without once asking you to purchase. :) I feel like I am quickly becoming passionate about health and true nutrition, and feel it unfair to not share this with everyone I know (I can't even think of the last time I was so excited about something in this way!).
At the end of the day we are all responsible for our own health and doing what works best for us. For me, ViSalus is a necessary and welcome part of my diet! 




2 comments:

  1. Ok, drinking my first shake and I have to say... It tastes great! I think it tastes and smells like cake batter and then I used the orange flavor packet and it really does taste like an orange creamstickle or orange cake!!! I'm really excited to see if my energy levels go up and it I start to lose some lbs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is great! Make sure to measure yourself also, I think women tend to see decreases in sizes more quickly than pounds...and when I get back we are SO going to be workout buddies!! :)

    ReplyDelete